signature.asc files

David Collantes david at bus.ucf.edu
Tue Apr 27 20:08:33 UTC 2004

On 4/27/2004 4:00 PM, Betti Ann & Preston Smith wrote:
> I had no intent to turn this into a heavy discussion but the 70 plus
> signature.asc files I have to remove from my system daily are becoming a
> pain.  Why oh why do we need sigs on a mailing list??

There is no need. But as it is already proven, people will continue signing
mailing lists messages. No point to getting all upset about it, it will not
change a thing.

> - find a Windows client that meets the so called needs of the RFC which is
> not a mandated standard at the best of times and then train my wife on the
> new client before having to retrain her when I eventually move to Linux -
> do the gurus, particularly those who say I must scrap Eudora, know of a
> suitable freeware client which is supported by Windows 98?

Thunderbird[1] would do. Eudora is the mother of stupidity (among others) when
it detaches attachments and place them on an 'Attach' folder that never gets
cleaned. Believe me, I know, we suffered too long with the Eudora users on my
College.

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

Cheers,

--
David Collantes - College of Business Administration, UCF - (407)823-3418
Please do not forward, Cc or Bcc this email to anyone without my consent.