recommending reiserfs?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 27 22:40:27 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Stefanescu Vlad um 21:19:

> Hi. Got a question for all you gurus out there ! :)
> I came upon this filesystem (new to me), which is said by many to be
> more effective that ext3.
> It is said to have an internal arborescent system which is supposed to
> improve disk performance.
>  From hands-on experience... is that true?
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Vlad,

In addition to what Steven replied, many people reported data loss using
reiserfs in the past. The reiserfs maintenance tools often make a crash
situation and recovering even worse. Well, if the man developer (Hans
Reiser) himself states that over all speed is above data
security/integrity as a development goal ... What will you expect then?
I once lost data and never touched reiserfs again, sharing this
experience with many others.

YMMV

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 00:35:53 up 23:24, 11 users, 0.19, 0.19, 0.18
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]