FC 2 Test 3 on DVD

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 27 22:46:40 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, David Collantes <david at bus.ucf.edu> said:
> Now I see it. I swear I didn't before. Honeslty. I am downloading it, but it
> show on the download as beeing 80M only, although the list on the FTP site
> shows 4,294,967,295. I have seeing that with the T2 as well. What's the
> problem, anyone knows?

I didn't remember until after I sent the previous message, but Apache
can't handle large files (i.e. >2G on 32 bit platforms).  So, if you
were checking mirrors via HTTP instead of FTP, you wouldn't have seen
the DVD image (unless the mirror was running something other than
Apache).

Seeing it as only 80M is probably a bug in your client; the image is 80M
more than 2G, so I bet your client is putting the size in a 32 bit value
and overflowing.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>