non-gecko-based browser ??? Are there any for FC1 ????

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Wed Apr 28 05:37:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:33:38 -0400 (EDT), Joe(theWordy)Philbrook
<jtwdyp at ttlc.net> wrote:

> It would appear that on Apr 27, Matt Hansen did say:
>
>> No, the logic (as I see it) is that if you wish to un-block a specific
>> site's popups once, then you would most likely wish to do it again. So
>> you should only be adding sites that you trust and that you desire/need
>> the popups to the allowed list. Why would you like to be able to do this
>> per-session only?
>
> Well it's only rare circumstances that cause me to willingly endure
> pop-ups. But occasionally there is something I want from a site that
> doesn't work otherwise. This may happen to be something I want from a
> site with lots of advertising pop-ups. In which case I'd want to enable
> pop-ups only long enough to get the good stuff, then shut it down again.
>
> Still I suppose it's  easier to find and delete the automatically
> enabled site
> from the edit preferences menu than it would have been to manually
> determine and add the site to list. So I'll probably learn to like the
> feature as soon as I can learn to notice the icon. As it is I only
> notice it when the main browser window displays text that tells me that
> I've asked for a feature that requires pop-ups to be enabled.
>
> Actually I wish the site list could be restricted to only allow pop-ups
> from the site when I have an open browser window on the very same
> internal page/frame from which I clicked on the little icon.
>
> So for example, when I allow pop-ups for the (login required) internet
> TripTik pop-up feature of the AAA autoclub, which I reach via a
> bookmark to:
> https://www.aaanne.com/auth/default.aspx?/travel/MEM/itttnew_loggin.asp
> I'd like to only accept pop-ups from them until I move the main browser
> window to any other page or frame, even if it's still part of
> https://www.aaanne.com/
> Then I'd have no reason to want to turn it back off.

hehe, seem to be plugging for opera alot. It's got a nice pop-up preference
you can enable so that all pop-ups will be blocked *except* for requested
ones.
So it will only show pop-ups that you actively trigger by selecting a link.
This pretty much caters for all the ones you specifically want at any time
and ignores all those spammy ones you get hit with that trigger without
any literal request from you. Hopefully moz will have something like this
at some stage - it gets around having to maintain a list.

Cheers,
Dan.

email:snorri_dj at operamail.com
http://members.optusnet.com.au/stonierd/