Mplayer plugin

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Wed Apr 28 07:07:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 14:51, Timothy J. Miller wrote:
> This question came up earlier but I am having problems with the
> resolution.  I am trying to access the MLB.TV streams. Helix works for the
> MLB radio but not TV.  When I switched my preferences to Windows media the
> mplayerplug-in loads, begins d/l the stream and then stops @ 17%.  I am
> currently running FC1 and using Mozilla 1.6.  I have the mplayerplug-in
> v2.11 installed. I tried upgrading the mplayer-plugin to 2.40, 2.45, 2.50
> and 2.60 but they all crash the browser.  Has anyone else run into this
> problem??

IIRC, that's premium content that's DRM'd up the ying-yang. You would
need a license key from Real to view it, and last I checked there isn't
even a place in the helix player to input it. Might have better luck
with RealPlayer8 for Windows under wine (with license key). Not sure if
anyone ever got RealOne working under wine or not. I haven't tried in a
long time.

--
Chris Kloiber