There is a better way! (was: RE: Hugh's long sig)

Hugh Foster hughfedora at ace-dog.com
Tue Apr 27 17:09:00 UTC 2004

> As a suggestion: given that domains can be registered for $12/year, I have
> registered *two* domains for my company, one of which is entirely unrelated
> to our business. Employees get one email address in each domain
> (company.com and personal.com) and are requested to keep their personal and
> business email entirely separate. Jokes, pictures, chain mail, etc. is
> expected to go through personal mailboxes. Also, no backups are kept of
> personal mail (and the corporate backups got a LOT smaller).

Sounds a slick system. I'm glad it works for you! Although don't you
get a lot of lost man-hours disappearing into the private usage?

Unfortunately, I don't set policy; I'm the grunt Administrator who
takes the flak from above and below, trying to get the hang of Linux
so as to open options of going another way. Which is where I came in!
:)

Thanks, anyway.

27/04/2004 6:04:32 PM