Early thoughts on FC3

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Wed Apr 28 11:52:12 UTC 2004

Around 07:06am on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 (UK time), K.M.Zammi Kahan scrawled:

> during the next weekendJ. Some of the features that I like to see in
> the next release of Fedora (FC3J),

<snip>

> 3. Some missing plug-ins like (Flash, JRE etc). Today readers like
> acobat reader & Chm reader (xchm) etc also playing a big role.

Taken from the Objectives of the Fedora Project: "Build the operating
system exclusively from open source software".

I know there may be an argument between what forms part of the operating
system and what are just applications, but the Flash plugin (definitely)
and some of the other software you have mentioned (I think) are
definitely not open source.  So I wouldn't expect to see them in Fedora.

Cheers

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com