printer not listed

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Wed Apr 28 15:13:27 UTC 2004

My printer works fine under Fedora.  It's a Lexmark E323 with
postscript (emulation?).

However, I had to pick generic postscript printer in cups.  What is
the file I need to get from Lexmark (file extension name?) to include
the proper support for this printer in cups so it shows up in the
list when setting up the printer?

I realize that there is a binary Linux driver for this printer, but I
don't think it's needed since the printer works out of the box with
the generic postscript under cups.  I would need some type of spec
file for this specific postscript printer?

We have already tried the lexmark 323 linux driver and the print
quality is no different than the cups generic postscript driver.
However, I have not tried printing envelopes, lables, using special
fonts, etc.

jay