gdm_cleanup_children: child xxxx crashed of signal 11

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 28 17:02:18 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 28.04.2004 schrieb Andreas um 18:24:

> You'r really right this was a lesson to trust not all sources I found
> and a lesson not too much play around and not know what I'm doing.

Unfortunately.

> > rpm -qa --qf "%{packager} - %{name} %{version}\n" | sort
> >
> Those are the packages I found.
>
> Matthew Hall - atk 1.6.0
> Matthew Hall - atk-devel 1.6.0
> Matthew Hall - GConf2 2.6.0
> Matthew Hall - GConf2-devel 2.6.0
> Matthew Hall - glib2 2.4.0
> Matthew Hall - glib2-devel 2.4.0
> Matthew Hall - gtk2 2.4.0
> Matthew Hall - gtk2-devel 2.4.0
> Matthew Hall - libxml2 2.6.8
> Matthew Hall - libxml2-devel 2.6.8
> Matthew Hall - libxml2-python 2.6.8
> Matthew Hall - linc 1.1.1
> Matthew Hall - linc-devel 1.1.1
> Matthew Hall - ORBit2 2.10.0
> Matthew Hall - ORBit2-devel 2.10.0
> Matthew Hall - pango 1.4.0
> Matthew Hall - pango-devel 1.4.0
> Matthew Hall - pkgconfig 0.15.0

Well, you did not install Gnome 2.6 itself but some central
libraries/applications from it.

> Now, i hope the last question in this matter: how to repair this?

Da ist guter Rat teuer - good advise is expensive ;/

Check whether for each package by Matthew Hall there is an
original/update package of the official FC1 branch. For most of them you
listed I am sure there is. Unfortunately you can not downgrade that
simple. You then may - caution: please do not blame me if that makes
situation even worse! - you may erase the Matthew Hall packages running
"rpm -e --nodeps" and with the list of erased packages you reinstall
them from an FC1 mirror server. Of course you can first try uninstalling
the packages using yum so that this tool takes care for dependencies.
That may be a success, but be aware it will uninstall certainly a lot of
your FC1.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Andreas

Much luck!

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 18:51:54 up 1 day, 17:40, load average: 0.23, 0.46, 0.65
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]