Seeking assistance with system faults

Mike Cervi Mike.Cervi at maryville.com
Wed Apr 28 22:14:19 UTC 2004

Hello fellow Linux users,

I am in the process of developing a Linux Trouleshooting training course.  It is going to be based on the Fedora and RHEL3 distributions.

I am seeking help in developing faults that can be placed on student machines, allowing them to practice their troubleshooting skills.

I am looking for "real life" situations, either hardware or software based, all "degrees of difficulty".  Essentially nothing is out of bounds.  Fat-fingered files, improper configurations, incorrect permissions, etc.

If you have input that you think could be helpful, I'd appreciate it if you would take a couple of minutes and click on the link below (to keep the mailing list traffic to a minimum) and fill out the form.

http://www.dvl.maryville.com/feedback_agreement.asp

I'll take as much input as you're willing to give... as many faults as you feel like passing on. I don't really think I can get "too many".

Thanks for your help.

Mike Cervi
Maryville Technologies