There is a better way! (was: RE: Hugh's long sig)

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Apr 29 00:15:42 UTC 2004

At 11:09 4/27/2004, you wrote:
> > As a suggestion: given that domains can be registered for $12/year, I have
> > registered *two* domains for my company, one of which is entirely
> unrelated
> > to our business. Employees get one email address in each domain
>
>Sounds a slick system. I'm glad it works for you! Although don't you
>get a lot of lost man-hours disappearing into the private usage?

Maybe. At this point I'm just happy that corporate liability seems to be
neatly reduced, and the users are aware that while we don't currently
monitor/track/record/read any of what they do or send, we *could* at any
point, without warning or prior notice, and that we will be highly tolerant
until/unless we see any abuse at which point we will be extraordinarily
harsh indeed.

People around here like "highly tolerant" very much and have also seen
"extraordinarily harsh" before... they seem to be well-motivated by both
carrot and stick. <grin>

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com