Network troubleshooting, any experts?

Elam Daly elam at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 00:27:48 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:

> \My thoughts are that they probably know this is a server, and as such
> may have blocked TCP from that particular host IP address.
>

> It appears UDP and ICMP are getting through.

They do know it's a web server, as they host our website.  If TCP is
being blocked though, how is it possible that can people visit the
website?  I realize that http connections come in through port 80, but
the responses from the webserver don't.  They leave from the
webserver through any port that apache deems neccessary, correct?

Elam Daly
Whiteware Inc.