Webcam on Fedora

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 29 07:00:20 UTC 2004

Indra írta:
> anybody wear webcam on his/her fedora?
>
> I had logitech quickcam pro 4000 , the vendor doesnt support Linux. They
> said keep checkin' till they finally support Linux.
>
> Thankx

I have a Labtec Webcam, works greatly with the out-of-tree driver
from qce-ga.sf.net, its USB ID is the same as the original Logitech
Quickcam. I looked at the homepage now, it lists other http links
where other cameras are supported, here is for yours:

http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

BTW most cameras work only with reverse-engineered drivers
made by volunteers since the manufactureres does not want
to write a driver and they are probably aware of this driver
already.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi