Netsend equivalent

Ron Goulard foz at techville.org
Thu Apr 29 08:54:41 UTC 2004

XP (and I think 2k as well) use the 'messenger' service for this rather
than the winpopup from 9x.  It's on by default in XP and 2k I believe.

There's a piece of software called LinPopUp available at
http://www.littleigloo.org/downloads_002.php3, both in source tarball
and rpm, though it's not specifically for Fedora (needs gtk+ >=
v1.2.0).  It is released under GPL.  If someone can point out a newer
piece of software (or fedora specific) that does the same thing, then by
all means, do tell :)

I have no experience at all with this one and have no idea if it's being
actively worked on either.  My experience has been that _most_ RH based
rpm's will work just fine under Fedora, but like I said, I've never
tried this one.  Feel free to experiment if you like though.