Network troubleshooting, any experts?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Thu Apr 29 11:30:43 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian said:
> established while new connections can be blocked.  I use this on both
> ftp (allowing only port 20) and http (allowing only port 80).

just to ensure that no green sticks here (new people) get confused, ftp is
21, not 20.

you can check what port and protocol is for what service in /etc/services

-d

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot