Sendmail and smrsh

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 29 12:36:57 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.04.2004 schrieb Douglas Furlong um 12:09:

> Hello all.
>
> I have a slightly odd setup here, using amavisd-new to scan for virus's
> and spam on one computer (so two sendmail queue's and the amavisd-new
> queue). I am then using Cyrus as the mail store.
>
> I am looking to send an email back to any one sending a mail to an email
> address that does not exist in cyrus (I am using the aliases file to
> create mailing lists).

> Doug

In these days with all those virus, worms and faked sender mails flying
around to create an independent bounce mail is not recommended. If the
user is not known by the system, then Sendmail automatically creates an
RFC compliant DSN error message for the sender MTA with a text comment
which a human should be able to understand.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:34:06 up 2 days, 13:22, load average: 0.19, 0.32, 0.51
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]