Sendmail and smrsh

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Apr 29 13:03:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:36, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 29.04.2004 schrieb Douglas Furlong um 12:09:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have a slightly odd setup here, using amavisd-new to scan for virus's
> > and spam on one computer (so two sendmail queue's and the amavisd-new
> > queue). I am then using Cyrus as the mail store.
> >
> > I am looking to send an email back to any one sending a mail to an email
> > address that does not exist in cyrus (I am using the aliases file to
> > create mailing lists).
>
> > Doug
>
> In these days with all those virus, worms and faked sender mails flying
> around to create an independent bounce mail is not recommended. If the
> user is not known by the system, then Sendmail automatically creates an
> RFC compliant DSN error message for the sender MTA with a text comment
> which a human should be able to understand.
I understand that, and already have a separate system (amavisd-new)
setup to deal with spam/virus's that will deal with those emails.

This is specifically for one email list, to which we want to reply to
ALL senders with a specific response (i.e. thank you for contacting blah
yahda blah yahda blah).

This is not a bounce mail.

Doug