RHCE

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Apr 29 14:36:23 UTC 2004

Dear friends,

My company has decided to send me for Linux training. The boss wants me
to do the relevant training to bring our company up to speed with IBM
and and other major PC brands that are selling Linux on there PCs for
end users.

So I did some research and the outcome was to do the course through
Obsidian systems in South Africa (Where I live).
They are offering the Redhat Certified Engineer(RHCE),Supposed to be one
of the top IT qualifications.

Now the boss wants to know how to tell if this is the the correct
course.
And he wants to know if we shouldn't maybe go down the SUSE route.

My question is a difficult one because I need to justify and prove prior
to actually going on the course that RHCE would be the right way to go.
I have already mentioned that RedHat base platforms are by far more
widely supported than any other distro and that FC will be the best for
us to use on our our hardware because it is very configurable and has
such great hardware support.
But one has to bear in mind that I am trying to explain this to a person
who has no idea of computers and operating systems let alone Linux.

Could some one point me in the direction of some good justifications for
my choice? or point me in a new direction altogether.
Either way, I have just got to give him a very convincing answer.

Thanks

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.