Taming the mailing lists?

Elton Woo lten_47 at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 29 15:21:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:00,Clifford Snow  wrote:

>>On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:00, Elliot Lee wrote:
>> If you feel that the Fedora mailing lists are becoming a little
>> unmanageable or are not as valuable as they could be, would you
>>take the time to e-mail me with your thoughts on the problem? >>(private

>I'm glad you asked.  I was on the list when the daily postings >were so numerous that just getting through the subjects was a >real chore.  I expect when FC2 is release that we see another >surge.  I believe that implementing the following could help >reduce

>1.  Add a FAQ link to the sign up page and or the welcoming >message. Ideally this FAQ is community

... MOST IMPORTANTLY:
>2. Also on the sign up screen or the welcoming message, provide >some posting etiquette guidelines.  Just a short list.  There are >just too many flames about posting etiquette.  Make it easy for >newbies to get information.  They'll figure it out in time.

>3.  At the bottom of each post add the faq link.
I would suggest that the link should be at the *top* of each post, to obviate both the obstinate and the ignorant.

--
>Clifford Snow

Mr. Snow, thanks for speaking up on behalf of (so many of) those who left the list for the very reasons aforementioned, particulary point #2!

sincerely,

Elton Woo ;-)