up2date hanging

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 16:54:01 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

having got the network working I decided to run up2date.

Having taken most of yesterday downloading (102 updates) I left it overnight.
This afternoon when I returned to it, the download had finished and it needed
me to click a button before proceeding (?).

I clicked about 4 hours ago and then sat watching the hourglass.  The
hourglass is still spinning and it's time to go home again.

Two questions

1) should it take this long? (Celeron 700 with 120MB (8MB stolen by graphics
card)

2) if I kill it and start again, will it a) do better next time, and b) need
to re-download everything.

--
Gary Stainburn