BitTorrent help

russell simmonsr at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 19:17:26 UTC 2004

Scott Talbot wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 22:49, russell wrote:
>

>>I installed the BitTorrent client via Yum using the FreshRpms
>>repository.  I can't seem to get the program to run.  I'm probably
>>overlooking something obvious but can't seem to figure it out.  Any help
>>would be most appreciated.
>>
>>tia
>>
>>r.
>>
>>	In Mozilla-->Preferences-->HelperApps Associate
>>application/x-bittorrent to run with btdownloadheadless.py
>>

>Scott

First, thanks to those that have tried to help me so far.  I still
haven't got this client to run.  What is happening is that when I go to
download a bt file i get a small donwload and that's it.  Also, I can't
seem to run bt from a terminal.  CDing to the path and invoking
bittorrent doesn't bring up anything.  I have Python installed and also
have installed wxPython and all the dependencies.  Perhaps someone knows
of a URL that can help me figure out what is going on?

tia