FC1(kernel 2.4) -> FC2 (kernel2.6) with LVM?

Erik Karu erik_karu at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 19:41:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I have a FC1 box as a server and LVM is in use.
> Should
> I read some documents or fear anything when I'll
> upgrade to FC2 or will FC2/2.6 do The Right Thing
> automagically during/after the upgrade with LVM
> disks?
> Does it matter if I use yum/up2date/apt ?

upgraded FC1 -> FC2t3 with apt (yea yea, not
officially supported), and during boot kernel-2.6.5
dies with kernel panic since LVM blows straight to my
face! "/etc/lvmtab not found" and "lvm module not
loaded?" are the messages I can remember were on the
console. Luckily I'm still able to boot with 2.4.22
kernel (from FC1) but the system is flaky (mozilla
won't start, etc...).

I probably should be reading some HOWTOs, but I wonder
how FC1->FC2 upgrade with yum will work?

This was a bit of off-topic on 'users' list, sorry.
I'm just preparing and look likes the are still a
thing or two to be solved before ordinary users should
upgrade.

Erik.