BitTorrent help

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Apr 29 21:53:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 12:17, russell wrote:
> Scott Talbot wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 22:49, russell wrote:
> >

> >>I installed the BitTorrent client via Yum using the FreshRpms
> >>repository.  I can't seem to get the program to run.  I'm probably
> >>overlooking something obvious but can't seem to figure it out.  Any help
> >>would be most appreciated.
> >>
> >>tia
> >>
> >>r.
> >>
> >>	In Mozilla-->Preferences-->HelperApps Associate
> >>application/x-bittorrent to run with btdownloadheadless.py
> >>

> >Scott
> >

> First, thanks to those that have tried to help me so far.  I still
> haven't got this client to run.  What is happening is that when I go to
> download a bt file i get a small donwload and that's it.  Also, I can't
> seem to run bt from a terminal.  CDing to the path and invoking
> bittorrent doesn't bring up anything.  I have Python installed and also
> have installed wxPython and all the dependencies.  Perhaps someone knows
> of a URL that can help me figure out what is going on?
>
> tia

   When a torrent is clicked you should get a file downloading to your home directory.
Keep an eye on it, as it should update (how fast depends on how many seeds/leaches).
I haven't seen many that are very fast,   maybe the last fedora d/l i did was, but I
don't use it that often.  I believe the Java implementation, Azureus(?) has a front
end that will show you the progress of your download, but I usually just open up a
nautilus window on my home directory, look at it in detail view to see the progress

HTH

Scott