FC2 test3 and nVidia driver

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 23:29:57 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Tim Alberts wrote:
> Anyone know the situation with nVidia and their graphics drivers.  I've
> tried to install the graphics driver on FC2 test2 and FC2 test3.
> Neither worked. I sincerely hope that nVidia plans on updating their
> video drivers to support the 2.6 kernel soon.

I read somewhere it's to do with the stack size, and found this post,

#######
Go to your kernel source directory and use "make menuconfig" to
enter the kernel configuration.

Disable: "Use 4k kernel stacks instead of 8k stacks" (Kernel Hacking)

Build the new kernel and boot with it. If everything works you should
be able to use the nvidia drivers.
#########

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 1, Custom Built Kernel 2.4.26
Registered Linux user number 342953