1 of 2 CDROM freezes

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Fri Apr 30 02:41:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 09:32:25AM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 29.04.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 05:05:
>
> > Why does this message have ^M at the end of each line?
> >
> > jay
>
> This message or that? How about posting that it is clear what you mean?
>
> An ^M at the end of line typically indicate a non UNIX but DOS line
> end/break. Use "dos2unix" or "recode" to convert.
>
> Alexander

That I can understand, but if a single user's post showing the ^M at
the end of the lines you mean I have to filter this user's post
through dos2unix to see it correctly without the ^M's?

All the other user's post look fine.  I'm using mutt as my MUA.

So, is the control linefeeds showing up as ^M because of my mutt, or is
it faulty software of the poster or somewhere inbetween?

jay