Taming the mailing lists?

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 03:07:39 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell said:
>[snip]
>

>>1) Add a mailing list tag to the subject [FC], because the majority of
>>new posters have no clue about threaded mail readers, procmail filters
>>and large volume mail management.
>>

>Seems to me it would make more sense to help them learn about these
>things, not clutter up the subject.
>

>>2) Shorten the quoted name of the list in the reply to and from
>>

>[snip]
>

>>Is just too long and today adding the list to an address book is now
>>partly crippled.  No wonder folks hijack threads.
>>

>Funny, my address book lets me put what ever name in I want for addresses...

The list names could be a bit shorter. If I get attatchments with the
message, the folder list on the left shrinks. When I get to a message
without an additional attachment, it goes back to a rational state.

This is when rading mail in mozilla.

Jim

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health