Help > nVidia on FC 2, test 3

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 30 10:43:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 02:29, Doug Robson wrote:

> Looking in my /var/log/Xorg0.log tells me that:
> Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module.
>
> Any Fedora users having made it successfully to Test
> 3, just released,
> please advise what I may have overlooked.

Doug,

The latest Fedora kernels are not compatible with the closed source
nvidia drivers.  The nvidia drivers do not like the new 4K stack
'feature' in the kernel.  I have not tried backing out the 4kstack
patch, but it's been reported that works.  Hopefully, nvidia will come
up with a new driver soon.

Bob...