Samba Server Configuration Tool 1.1.4 troubles

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Apr 30 11:50:17 UTC 2004

Hi
All of a sudden this tool starts is troubles.
This is what happens. On the file server open the tool and select
preferences and then security.
If you set the option  to "user" click OK then add a user and click OK.
Now you go to the workstation and browse the network. No server to be
found? OK so I type in smb:///chadlin and press enter. It comes up but
keep asking for the username and password over and over again.
Then I finally get to see all the files and guess what it seems to be
working.
I then try to copy and paste file from the server to the home dir on the
wkstation but it asks for the username twice and the does nothing.
I tried to reboot the server (foolish I know) but still the prob
persists. Is there something that is forcing the share made on samba.
I have looked through the smb.conf file but cant find where to set the
security.

can anyone help me please

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks