3Com 3c2000 NIC support? - FC3?

Dave drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Fri Apr 30 13:24:22 UTC 2004

> > On my Asus K8V motherboard is a 3-Com 3c2000 NIC.  I have downloaded and
compiled the Driver (as far as I can tell, new to this distro) but I am
having problems getting it to load with the kernel and trying to configure
it. The log file messages had some text relating to the startup of the
driver but I cannot access the internet etc.

> > I followed the instructions to extract the tar, "make load" then
"ifconfig eth0 up", but when I go to the network configuration utilities in
FC1 I can't find the card or driver.  Nor can I figure out how to load it on
boot.  The instructions talk about using "/etc/modules.conf file" or insmod
.  Also as I cannot select the NIC I cannot tell if it is set to use DHCP.