Taming the mailing lists

Hugh Foster hughfedora at ace-dog.com
Fri Apr 30 07:21:41 UTC 2004

Needs a Hat said:

> Well "quicker than looking it up in Help" is a problem for the list.  If
> you have not looked for the answer then posting is the lazy way that
> abuses the shared commons that is this list.

I see where I wasn't clear. What I meant was "answers that were
quicker than looking up something that existed in Help" Of course, I
use MAN and even the Help pages in KDE, unimpressive as they are. The
questions I have asked have been along the lines of "what software
does one use to duplicate FC boxes" and "I followed the MAN
instructions to install VNC and it doesn't work, help"

30/04/2004 8:12:47 AM