Website information

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Fri Apr 30 15:39:16 UTC 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 08:44, Jonathan Gratus wrote:
> Dear Fedora
>
> I have two questions that I belive should be made clearer in the
> web site. (The answers may be there but I haven't found them.)
>
> First: I'm presently running redhat 9.0. Is there an easy upgrade
> to Fedora Core 1.0 and will there be one to Fedora Core 2.0?

You have that option during the install process. Be sure to read the
release notes for issues related to upgrading.  This can be found at
any of the download mirror sites. For example:

ftp://ftp.software.umn.edu/pub/linux/fedora/core/1/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES

> Second: What is the policy regarding the test verses the proper
> releases of Fedora Core.
> For example: with regard to stability, security, upgradablity from
> passed releases, upgradablity to future releases. Is the general
> philosophy that the Test releases should only be used as for
> playing but if you have a computer you acutually uses on a daily
> basis you should wait for a full release?

This is a good description of what to expect:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg01798.html

Regards,  Mike Klinke