Qos/TrafficShaping(on Shorewall) Howto available for Web-viewing

Homer hparker at homershut.net
Fri Apr 30 16:52:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 21:19, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Hey.. Since you're the ISP.. May I ask you a question?
>
> Say I'm with ISP X, and I'm subscribed to their 384/128k package.
> They say it's best effort. I want to know, how do they Cap the connection
> to the said 384k.
>
> What sort of trafficshaping etc do they do? TCP Window shaping?
> Packet dropping?? ACKs??

	I've got an old RH 6.x box using cbq to do the shaping ;) There are
commercial packages, but since I'm a little fish in a big sea, I opted
to roll my own... It seems to work rather well, though it's time to
replace that box, it's been running 4 years now... I like some of the
QOS I can do with the newer kernels..

--
Homer <hparker at homershut.net>