RHCE

Chris Stankaitis chris at beowulf.net
Fri Apr 30 18:09:19 UTC 2004

> So imho, the RHCE cert only really says that you have the bare minimum
> to handle administrative and support needs of running a RH box which was

Really this is what ANY Certification says, that "you have the bare
minimum for this level of certification"

Nothing compares to real world experience, real world + Certification is
the best combo IMHO. The Cert placates the people who want to be able to
say that our SysAdms are Certified to run the software we use, and the
experience is what allows you to grow and drive your company.

My question is ... Class Room vs. Online RHCE?  part of me says that
Class room is better, a week in a room where all your concentrating on
is the RHCE stuff rather then just trying to do it in your spare time
with other distractions around you...  Online you get more time to work
on things and learn the areas you have problems in.

Anyone do both? and have an opinion on it..

Chris