Corruption

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Fri Apr 30 19:16:54 UTC 2004

Sounds like disk problems... but weird ones.  Have you fsck'ed lately?  Here's a
really WEIRD suggestion... try creating an archive, then creating another
archive, then seeing if you get the same error on the second one... if there
just happens to be a bad spot on the disk where you're trying to create that
archive, the first one will take up the space and the second one would hopefully
be on a cleaner part of the disk.  If you get an error on the second one too, i
dunno man... that's pretty weird.  Maybe leave those two archives on the disk
and fsck?  If there is a file with a bad block in it (rather than a bad block in
free space) I would think fsck would pick right up on it.