Sendmail Problem or maybe not

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 03:51:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 23:46, Richard Kurth wrote:
> Hello fedora-list,
>
> I am having a problem with sendamail on my fedora install. I can send
> e-mail to the server and I can send e-mail from the server.
> I can access the e-mail that is on the server with SquirrelMail.
> But I can not download my e-mail to my home computer.
> It always says connect failed.
> I can download e-mail of of other servers just not my one with Fedora.
> Anybody have any suggestions ?

What client are you using to try to download the email?

Most likely pop3 or imap, and you most likely have iptables running and
need to open the ports for pop3 or imap services.  (pop3 is port 110 and
imap is port 143)

Quick test is to shutdown iptables:

service iptables off

Real fix is to open the appropriate port for your client.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>