Mozilla Printing Question

Brian Truter fedora-list at kurse.damnyou.org
Wed Aug 4 20:43:10 UTC 2004

How do you add or set a default printer in Mozilla?

I have 2 printer drivers on my system, pointing to one physical device:
1) Text Only printer used by our applications
2) Standard full functional driver

Basically, the system uses the text only driver as the system default
printer. I dont want mozilla to use the text only driver, however, I want
it to use the Standard driver as its default.

I tried adding "print.printer_list" option in the user perference file for
mozilla (user.js) and that does add the printer to the list of printers to
print from in Mozilla, however, no matter which is chosen, it always
prints to the default system printer (text only one).

Is it possible to set the default printer in Mozilla to somethiong
different to the system default printer? If not, how do I add a printer to
Mozilla that will allow what Im trying to do here?

Hope someone has some suggestions, thanks for any help.

Brian