port 25 refused

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Aug 5 01:12:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 13:24, Sanjay Arora wrote:
> > > Comments anyone?
> > ----
> > you are pissing into the wind
> >
> > Craig
> >
> Craig
>
> Is it really so unworkable? or is it just that you cant imagine such bad
> connectivity in the west?
---
I didn't say it was unworkable, you have an idea...vpn. You would have
to either NAT or proxy (or in some cases such as html, redirect) inbound
packets to the vpn which you have already suggested is an unstable
connection. Knowing what you have told us, I would suggest that it is
not worth the effort.

Since you already have control over the box at the ISP (you would need
that control to set up a vpn), you might as well do everything that you
need to do there.

What I am reading in to this question, is that either you don't have
control over the box with the public ip address or that once you have
set this up, you then want to use this tunnel for other 'virtual' hosts
- and the more I looked at your question, the more it seemed pointless,
hence - when you asked for comments, my reply.

Good luck, if nothing else, the exercise would be quite educational.

Craig