Reminder/Alarm Software

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Thu Aug 5 03:03:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 16:50 -0500, Rob Wright wrote:
> I'm using FC1 and Gnome. I'm looking for a reminder/alarm program like
> KAlarm for meeting reminders, etc. I've looked around Sourceforge and
> tried to Google up some information but haven't had any luck. If anyone
> has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

Evolution has a nice calendar with alarms.  It can play sounds, run
programs, popup alerts, etc.  You don't particularly need to use the
email component to use the calendar.

Save session (at logout) after you add your first alarm.  Then
evolution-alarm-notify should start each time you login.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/