A tip for people tired of The Thread That Won't Die

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Aug 8 06:11:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 20:55, gkn wrote:
> No, I expect the list owner to do his or her job and stop
> this kind of garbage!!!  Posts this far off topic need to have the
> list owner tell the posters to stop posting to the list garbage and
> if they want to continue with this topic, they need to take it off
> this list and send between members that want to continue or take it to
> another proper list where this subject is allowed!!
---
Not that I am not sympathetic to your point of view and I pretty much
wish that everyone who wants the offending screensaver removed sound off
in the bugzilla posting that was already made BUT

I have never seen any evidence that this list is moderated and everyone
is free to sound off as they choose. While I don't always want to read
the threads and often don't agree with people, I am glad that they have
the ability to sound off as they choose.

You have the ability to 'filter' postings and as such, you should be
able to dispense with this thread by putting the following 'subject'
contains the following:
A tip for people tired of The Thread
Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

and any others that may pop up directly into the trash.

thankfully, neither you or I make the rules for this list and if the
posters are referring to software included or to be used by Fedora 2 and
for a little while, Fedora 1, they are indeed on topic.

Craig