New Fedora Installation

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 04:00:49 UTC 2004

DAYE EMINE wrote:

> Please help,
>
> Just bought an ASUS AN78X-E motherboard
> NEW: ATI Radeon 9200 AGP video card
> NEW: Maxtor 40GB AT IDE-Hard_drive
> NEW: Internal PCI V92/56Kbps Voice Modem
>
> I want Linux only on this PC and to be able to connect to my ISP someday.
> Downloaded FEDORA and burned it on 3 CD, but now how do I prepare this
> CD's for Installation, they seem to be RAR instead of ZIP compressed,
> am lost
> but I want to play with Linux so bad.
> I will accept any suggestion send to me at demine1 at msn.com
> <mailto:demine1 at msn.com> or posted.
> Please help
> demine1 at msn.com <mailto:demine1 at msn.com>

If you burned the RAR files to cds, you just wasted 3 CDs :(. You need
to burn the .iso files to cds, which are ISO Images of a cd. Do a google
search for a program called winrar.  Pretty much same thing as winzip,
but different filetype. Unrar (instead of unzip...) them and you should
have an ISO file. I don't know what program you use to burn CDs, but if
its Roxio/Adaptec, just double click ont eh iso file and it will do the
rest. Theres a difference between just putting the .iso file on a CD and
burning the ISO image to a CD! Remember that and you will have less CD
coasters!