Logitech MX500 on FC2

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Aug 9 12:24:42 UTC 2004

Around about 07/08/2004 00:53, Chris Mermagen typed ...
> This may have been covered, sorry if it has, I'm relatively new to the
> list and my searching hasn't turned it up.. I'm looking for some
> advice or help in emulating the buttons 4 & 5 for "forward and back"
> traversing of webpages using firefox.. Any ideas or points? I've taken
> a quick ganer at xorg.conf, but I'm not entirely sure all of the
> buttons are recognized.. Thanks in advance-

   First job, get as many buttons recognised as you can(try with 'xev').
  I have the 10 button MX7800, not sure which model the MX500 is (can't
see the 10th. yet - I thought that should be working in kernel 2.6 but
I've not looked hard yet).

   I *had* working 8 button config. under FC1 but it broke for FC2 and
it took me a day of random fiddling to get it to go again.  I'll Bcc:
myself at home & email you the conf. snippet.

   By the sounds of things, you may also want imwheel
(http://imwheel.sf.net/) - I d/l'd the latest but I've not RPMd it yet,
so I've not yet tried it out.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature