Tripwire rpms

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 13 17:52:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 10:52, Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I though that Tripwire was discontinued and not maintened
> anymore. By now, we should be using something like Samhaim
> (http://la-samhna.de/samhain/) or others (any other sugestions).
>
> Am I wrong?

I am not sure if there is any active development per say.  tripwire has
been compiled for and works on FC2.  I looked at AIDE but did not feel
it was any better than tripwire.

I don't know what kind of additions tripwire would benefit from.  The
biggest issue with it is getting the policy setup correctly and having
rules in place to update the database when things change.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>