FC2 can not boot

Rachel Lee r_lee56 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 07:57:28 UTC 2004

Dear all,
I have windowsXP (home) installed in my PC. I partitioned the hard disk using partitionMagic 8.0.  I also installed bootMagic in first 1024 M.  I installed FC2(boot, root and swap) after first 3G of the hard disc. I installed GRUB boot loader in the first sector of the boot partition of FC2.
When I reboot, the bootMagic can not boot Linux, only boot windowsXP.  In windowsXP, I van not change the configuration of the bootMagic.  I got the message:"the driver or network connection that the short cut 'bootMagic configuration.lnk' refers to is unavailable".  The partition magic was also disabled.

I do not have floppy, only have USB flash.  I do not have another Linux.  In rescue mode, I can not reach USB flash.

How to solve this please?

Many thanks
Rachel