fedora core 2 problem with 1gb swap space.

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Sat Aug 21 14:17:37 UTC 2004

listas at infortesa.com said the following on 20/08/2004 10:24:
> Hi i have tried to install fedora core 2 on a machine that has 1gb of ram, when
> it tries to turn on the swap the machine hangs, so i decided to create 600mb of
> swap, but i wish to know if it's possible to have 1gb of space or more.

Try booting to run level 3. In my experience, after the swap message the
graphical boot starts. I have worked on a lot of machines that "hang"
there while the OS tries to get X started.

Once you are in run level three start X with "startx" and look at the
log to see what the problem is.

--
Redmond, we have a problem.