More on Compaq Proliant install boot mystery

Maurice Mcfarlane mmcfarlane at ipc.ac.nz
Tue Aug 24 01:04:30 UTC 2004

>>> Has ANYONE installed FC* on a Compaq Proliant with all drives
managed
>>> by a SMART array controller? I really think something is funky
in the
>>> initrd image. Maybe a bad module map, or funky EISA support,
something
>>> like that.

I have FC1 installed on a Proliant ML350 dual with Smart Array
controller. The disk were originally setup using the smart start
CD. After the system was setup and running I booted to the FC1 CD
and blew away the disks, then using softraid from FC1 CD I set up
the drives and it seesm to be working very well. I have so far
been unable to get FC2 to install on this machine.

This E-mail was Sent From International Pacific College NZ