Does anybody know of problem running FC2 on Dell Precision Workst ation 370?

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Tue Aug 24 20:50:43 UTC 2004

Edwards, Scott (MED, Kelly IT Resouces) wrote:
> They are looking to buy a new machine for doing some development and we
> were going to order a Dell Precision Workstation 370, With an Intel
> Pentium 4 3.6 GHz processor (EM64T,1MB/800).  But some people have said
> that it is too new and Fedora Core 2 won't work on it.  Does anyone know
> if this would be a problem?

Scott,
	Hopefully you will get an answer on this list.  However, I would
encourage you to ask Dell directly.  As recently suggested by the
eweek.com Linux guru, Linux needs more 1st tier vendor support.  If Dell
starts hearing that more buyers will go elsewhere if their products
don't work well with Linux distros, perhaps they will give support more
consideration.

Thanks,

Dale