New Fedora User Questions

Thinker thinker at thoughtprogress.com
Wed Aug 25 17:03:24 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I am now considering installing Fedora on one of my machines just to
see where it has come. I have not used Fedora at all and the last Red
Hat Distro I used was 8.0 I think. After RH split it all up, I moved
over to Mandrake and have been moving back and forth between it and
SuSE distros ever since.

This is my first post to this list and I assure you that I am not
trying to start a flame war of sorts. I just want to get some info so I
can make a decision.

1.  Rumor has it that Red Hat and Fedora are going to merge back into
one distro in the near future. Is this true, and if so, should I wait?

2. Is there a way to do an ftp install of sorts with fedora, rather
than downloading all of the iso's and burning disks?

3. What are the advantages of using Fedora over SuSE or Mandrake (in
the opinion of someone that has used all three recently, please).

I'm sure there is more to come. If this is not the proper place to ask
these questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

.:Thinker