eth0 problem solved, getting updates

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 26 19:25:16 UTC 2004

Buddy Hummler said:
> thanks guys, i got it working by commenting out the alias line. now i'm
> wondering how i should get the updates..
>
> "Also after you get on the network configure yum for a mirror.  If you
> try and use the standard redhat servers you will find they are over loaded.
> Also I have found yum to be much faster than up2date."
>

> i'm guessing this is when i launch up2date

up2date isn't yum.

> and the red hat network
> configuration comes up asking for me to select a red hat network server
> to use???

No, it's not.  That address is only used if you configure a RHN source.
up2date sources are configured in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.
The up2date with FC2 already grabs a list of mirrors and picks one, you
don't have to do it manually unless you want to.

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

--
William Hooper