cracking winmodem issues in FC2

ChangeModeKernel cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 27 00:57:38 UTC 2004

Hi,
I am running slmdm-2.9.7 and it works fine for me. Are you starting it
with the -a option, as I understand that is required due to ALSA
included in 2.6 kernels.  There is a thread about this from a couple of
months ago (Apr May -- I think)  Does your slamr module load?

My /etc/sysconfig/slmodemd looks like this
SLMODEMD_DEVICE="slamr0"
SLMODEMD_OPTS="-a"
PERMS=666

I set the perms that way so I a normal user could use the modem.  - Yeah
I know that's wrong but...

Andrew