cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Gabriel Mititica gabriel_mititica at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 28 01:15:01 UTC 2004

> Can you dial with Minicom?  Make sure to configure
  > Minicom to point to the /dev/ttySL0 device (or
whatever > slmodemd tells you it is).  I use the 115K
interface   > speed and N-8-1 format.

modprobe slamr
slmodemd --country=CANADA /dev/tty0
minicom:
changed as suggested in config the device to point to
/dev/ttySL0 (btw /dev/tty0 I put at the end is
``guesstimating'' - note that i said before that for
some reasons /dev/slamr0 is not recognized)

> At least you can enter AT commands from the keyboard
  > and watch the progress in real time that way.  You
  > may even be able to make the modem audible and
listen > to the call's progress.
I tried to figure out how to enter command without too
much success.

Gabriel